menu   Home About Me Home freebies My Store  
 photo 3am_AB_f1_zps652b0c0f.png    photo 3am_ab_gplus_zps3ab6fefc.png    photo 3am_ab_pin_zpsbfebd6d2.png    photo 3am_tpt1_zpse91e0740.png   photo 3am_ab_email1_zpsebc98a17.png

Search My Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer is Over and I am Back to School!!


I started back to school yesterday.  I was really bummed at first at the prospect of returning to school.  I LOVED having more time with my children, and having more time to spend with Mother Nature.  (Take a look at my earlier posts on my nature encounters of the summer!)  But the minute I walked into my classroom yesterday, my excitement for teaching a group of new students filled me up.  I just get so excited about science, and I just jump for joy when I see one of my students getting excited about science.

At the end of each school year I take the time to evaluate my entire course.  I try to identify what I think is the weakest part of my biology curriculum, and then I spend my summer revamping and improving this area of my course.  This summer I decided to completely overhaul all of my lessons on ecology.  I am so pleased with the result and can't wait to get started teaching these units to my students this year.

I decided to break down ecology into 6 mini-units of study:

  • Introduction to Ecology
  • Population Ecology
  • Community Ecology
  • Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1:  Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter
  • Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part II:  Biomes of the World
  • The Human Impact on the Environment
I have written new PowerPoints, quizzes, labs, worksheets, homework assignments, unit tests and more.  I am especially excited about the new PowerPoints.  They are packed with super cool pictures that I am sure will spark some lively class discussions.  I hope so, at least!

To date, I have written 27 new products and have them posted in my store on TeachersPayTeachers.com.  You can find them and browse through all of them at this link:  Ecology Teaching Materials.  

Two of my new products are free and can be found here:



Be sure to grab these freebies.  I hope you like them and I hope you have a wonderful school year!

Have Fun Teaching!!


1 comment:

  1. Summer went by so fast! I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete