menu   Home About Me Home freebies My Store  
 photo 3am_AB_f1_zps652b0c0f.png    photo 3am_ab_gplus_zps3ab6fefc.png    photo 3am_ab_pin_zpsbfebd6d2.png    photo 3am_tpt1_zpse91e0740.png   photo 3am_ab_email1_zpsebc98a17.png

Search My Blog

We went to the Zoo!


It is Spring Break in our neck of the woods.  I am enjoying a much needed break from teaching school!  I absolutely love teaching, but everyone needs a break from their job from time to time, and teachers are no exception.  I will be energized and ready to jump back into the school routine next Monday.

I am so thankful that my oldest daughter, who is in college now, has spring break this same week.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day, sunny and 82 degrees.  The entire family went on a zoo adventure, so I though I would share zoo photos with you this week.

Our first stop was a new "Dino Digs" exhibit.
It is really for the little kids, but us big kids love it, too!

I love that my grown daughters are still so playful
and still enjoy going to the zoo with their mom!
We caught the cheetahs sunbathing!

Our zoo has made remarkable progress in the 30 years
 we have lived in this area.  Most of the enclosures
are new and offer wonderful living spaces for these animals.


The hippo enclosure is one of the last areas to be updated.
This area was built in the 1950's.

A new hippo area is being built and will be ready within the next year.
 It will be called Zambizi River Camp and will offer these
magnificent animals a new state of the art home.

The meerkats are definitely a family favorite!



Our zoo was successful in obtaining a pair of pandas on loan from China.




One of the newest areas of our zoo is called Northwest Passage.  It houses the polar bears, grizzly bears, wolves, and sea lions.  The polar bear area is one big water playground for these guys!

Not a great picture because of the angle of the sun, but it was such a great pose!

Over the next few days, I will be posting on the grizzly bears, the reptiles and the birds.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment