menu   Home About Me Home freebies My Store  
 photo 3am_AB_f1_zps652b0c0f.png    photo 3am_ab_gplus_zps3ab6fefc.png    photo 3am_ab_pin_zpsbfebd6d2.png    photo 3am_tpt1_zpse91e0740.png   photo 3am_ab_email1_zpsebc98a17.png

Search My Blog

Loading...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Amazing Story of the Lord Howe Island Stick Insect























I just read this article on NPR.com.  The article is about the stick insects found on Lord Howe's Island.  The insects were thought to be extinct.  But a small colony was found elsewhere.  (I don't want to give away too much!  Please click the link below to read the full article.)  This is just an amazing story.  I love nature and biodiversity. This is one of the best articles I have read in a long, long time.  And the pictures are amazing!!


Amazing, right?


2 comments:

Kimberly Collingwood said...

I will use this article to show my students what can happen when invasive species (the rats) take over.

Amy (aka Science Stuff) said...

Thanks for your comments, Kim. It is such a great story, isn't it?