menu   Home About Me Home freebies My Store  

Search My Blog

Loading...
 photo 3am_AB_f1_zps652b0c0f.png    photo 3am_ab_gplus_zps3ab6fefc.png    photo 3am_ab_pin_zpsbfebd6d2.png    photo 3am_tpt1_zpse91e0740.png   photo 3am_ab_email1_zpsebc98a17.png

Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer's End: Amazing and Beautiful Sights



Nature's Beauty 
at Summer's End

Summer technically ended for me three weeks ago when students returned to classrooms in our area at the beginning of August.  But for most folks, summer ends with the approach of Labor Day.  And today, as summer is coming to a close, I saw a few amazing sights that I thought I would share with my readers and followers.   All school teachers know the feeling on Friday afternoon when the final bell sounds to dismiss the students:  Total exhaustion from the week, footsore from standing all day, giddy with the thought of sleeping late on Saturday morning.

As I arrived home this Friday afternoon, the first thing that greeted me was the biggest praying mantis I have ever seen.  It was hanging upside down on a large window that overlooks our deck and yard, and further down, a small pond that I dearly love.  I quickly grabbed my camera and took his picture.

I took this as a sign that I needed to be outdoors, and I headed down to the pond with my camera still in hand.  I found the small blue flowers in the photo above growing at the edge of the pond.  They have evidently just bloomed.  The last few weeks of heat have been brutal, but recent rains stirred up a frenzy of last minute blooming.


As I walked around the pond, this cute little turtle was the next creature to greet me.  And finally, I spotted this beautiful moth resting in the trees.  I can tell it's going to be a great week end!!

1 comment: